Recipe by Denise in NH
Top Review by Graybert
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful! This was so easy to prepare- I only took 5 minutes to put it together. I added a bit of black pepper, and used "diana's honey and garlic barbecue sauce". The smell in the house made my mouth water! The end product was very, very good! Now, I know that some people don't like it when reviews refer to the "DH" - but I have too! My husband ate 3/4 of the meatloaf himself! He's asked me to make it again for tonight! I knew that I loved this, but the fact that my family enjoyed it as much (or even more) than I did is a big plus! Next time I may not add the cheese (topping) until 5 minutes before its done - it hardened a bit on top, so I'd like to keep it a bit softer. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs (4 slices)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup barbecue sauce or 1 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef lightly with 3/4 cup of cheese, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasonings until well blended; shape into a loaf Bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour; pour off drippings.
- Pour barbecue sauce over loaf; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes longer.