Summit House Classic Creamed Corn Au Gratin
When I make this recipe I put lots and lots of Parmesan cheese in it and I do not put it under the broiler. I even make it the night before serving. Excellent. This is from a wonderful restaurant in Fullerton, California who gives out the recipe on postcards. Everyone asks for the recipe when I bring it to dinners.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen kernel corn
- 12 ounces whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Combine corn, cream, salt, sugar and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Make a roux from butter and flour, add to corn, mix well and remove from heat.
- Transfer corn mixture to casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this before and it is delicious! I have a questions...I would like to prepare the day before I will be serving it. Should I prepare it completely and add the parmesan right before heating to serve? Also, how long would you heat before serving, if it's been refrigerated overnight? Thanks for the help! :)Replies 1