Great for breakfast, we've even had these for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks until thick and pale in color.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the matzo meal with the water or milk.
- 3Stir into the beaten yolks.
- 4Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff.
- 5Fold into the yolk mixture.
- 6Gently stir in the apple.
- 7Heat 1/4- inch of oil or butter in a heavy skillet.
- 8Drop the batter by tablespoonful into the hot oil; flatten lightly with the back of the spoon.
- 9Fry the pancakes until golden, about 4 minutes.
- 10Turn and cook for about 3 minutes on the second side.
- 11Don't crowd the pan.
- 12Add more oil or butter to the skillet as needed.
- 13Drain the pancakes on paper towels and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 14Serve with warmed honey, passed separately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matzoh Meal and Apple Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 88.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g