Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Great for breakfast, we've even had these for lunch.
Make and share this Matzoh Meal and Apple Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup minced, peeled apple
- vegetable oil or butter (for frying)
- Beat the egg yolks until thick and pale in color.
- In a small bowl, combine the matzo meal with the water or milk.
- Stir into the beaten yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff.
- Fold into the yolk mixture.
- Gently stir in the apple.
- Heat 1/4- inch of oil or butter in a heavy skillet.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonful into the hot oil; flatten lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Fry the pancakes until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook for about 3 minutes on the second side.
- Don't crowd the pan.
- Add more oil or butter to the skillet as needed.
- Drain the pancakes on paper towels and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve with warmed honey, passed separately.
this recipe was easy to follow and adapt- loved it! i actually used leftover haroset instead of the apples and it worked beautifully. i would love to try this with ricotta cheese, too- would be yummy anytime of year
This was just like my DH remembered. I used mcintosh apples for this for this and it came out Excellant. Will have again soon.