Sour Cream Apple Pancakes
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add apple mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just blended.
- Lightly grease griddle or large skillet with butter or Pam.
- Heat griddle to 350-375 degrees, or heat skillet over medium heat.
- Pour heaping 1/2 cup batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles form and tops look dry. (The time to cook may vary depending on how large you make your pancakes) It took mine about 10-15 minutes on each side using 350 degree).
- Turn pancakes and cook until golden brown on bottom.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy!!! I made these for breakfast this morning and they are wonderful!!! It was like a dessert for breakfast. They are so moist and flavorful with the apples, cinnamon and sour cream. The only change I made to make 1/2 of the recipe. I read some of the reviews and made sure to lower my heat, after making bacon, to med-low and it worked out great. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for Sweet Traditions Tag game.
Wow, what a great use for my pink ladies. The apple pancakes were awesome. Light, fluffy and so flavorful, the texture was perfect. I really enjoyed this breakfast treat. Which I served with butter and pure maple syrup. I really loved the addition of the cinnamon, it reminded me of apple cake. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty treat ~Nimz~.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.