Potato and Apple Pancakes
I just love potato pancakes and this recipe is a twist on the norm, serve with applesauce or sour cream.
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 apple
- 1 lb potato (about 3)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oven to 250°.
- Beat together the egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop the apple.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them.
- Stir the apple and potatoes into the egg mixture.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake and flatten.
- Fry as many pancakes as you can at a time without crowding.
- Cook them until golden, 3-4 minutes a side.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven while cooking the remainder.
- Add the remaining oil as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We enjoyed these for supper to use up some leftover mashed green onion potatoes. The mashed potatoes worked out just great but I did add a second egg as they looked dry and there was no way I could "pour" them into the fry pan. The apple added a lovely hint of sweatness to them. Rather than oil I used veggie spray to cook them. I served them with garlic butter, recipe #179222, they went very well together. Thanks for posting I will make them again.Reply
see 4 more