Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Instead of the usual fresh basil, these tomatoes are made with fresh summer savory. If you cannot find fresh savory, fresh thyme works. Dried savory will work in a pinch (use 1/4 teaspoon).
- Cut each tomato into 4 to 6 wedges.
- Place the tomato wedges in a medium bowl.
- Combine lemon juice and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes; toss gently to coat. Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve wedges on a bed of greens.
This is fabulous! I love the flavor from the lemon! Different & refreshing. This was really nice on this crazy hot summer evening. It's hard to wait the full hour but well worth it! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers. :)
I wish I had summer ripe, homegrown tomatoes for this dish. It was a light and tangy side. I will make it again this summer when I can get prettier tamatoes.