Recipe by sophonisba
This is and quick and simple recipe for two people, one of the few dishes I make regularly in the microwave. I serve it with plain boiled rice.I put 1 ml for sugar because of the formatting requirements, use a pinch
Top Review by dsavir
This was great! I used green olives instead of black and basil instead of marjoram and the results were great. The mixture of tastes is wonderful - without standing over a hot stove. This is definetely going to become a regular
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 ml sugar
- 45 ml olive oil
- 5 ml dried marjoram
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 50 g black olives, stoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthways and place in a small casserole dish.
- Mix garlic,lemon juice and sugar together and then add oil gradually whisking until all incorporated.
- Peel and slice the onion separating it into rings and adding to the marinade mixture with the marjoram and seasoning.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating halve and seed the peppers and cut each half into two or three pieces. Cut each olive in half.
- Put the peppers in a medium bowl,add 30 ml of water, cover with clingfilm leaving a small gap and microwave for 6 minutes at 800W stirring once.Drain.
- Cover the casserole dish containing the chicken and microwave at 800W for 6 minutes turning the pieces over after 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and olives and microwave for 2 minutes at 800W stirring once.
- Serve immediately.