Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great Canning recipe.
- 2 lbs carrots, diced cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- After cooking and draining your carrots, add your sauce mix and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Pour into bottles, and can as usual.
- Great recipe.
- I always serve with roast beef and rice.
I didnt use this for canning since I dont pressure can yet but I did make the salad for a big dinner, similar to on my Grandmother made. It is excellent, sounds odd but deffinitely worth a try. Great recipe~!