Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy to prepare main dish that is delicious too!
- 6 pork chops
- vegetable oil (small amount for browning chops)
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- flour (as needed to thicken the gravy)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly brown the pork chops in a small amount of oil, then place them in a flat baking dish with sides.
- Combine the other ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until warm; pour over chops.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Place the pork chops on a warming platter and pour the sauce into a saucepan.
- Thicken it slightly with flour to make a gravy, salt to taste, and serve it over the chops.
These were amazing! My 7 year old son was complaining before dinner that he doesn't like pork chops but as soon as he tried it he was telling me how much he loved pork chops. My 3 year old even asked for more! Our new family favorite!
This was really good! I seasoned 2 thick-cut pork chops with salt and pepper on each side, browned, and removed from the pan. Then I added a little more oil to the pan and added a small chopped onion and sauteed it for a few minutes before adding the remaining sauce ingredients. I then poured all of this on top of the pork chops. I wish the sauce had been a little thicker. I ended up making a small ramekin of it and dipping my pork into it. It was tasty! My husband said this goes in the "Make Again" file! Thank you for sharing!
These are great pork chops. I've had this saved to try for a long time and today I was looking for some way to do pork chops that did not call for bell pepper, since I was out. I tried this and it turned out wonderful. Only used 4 chops though.