1/1 Photo of Maple Pecan Cheesecake Eh!
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This is a real special treat. Please use real maple syrup, the better the quality of the syrup, the better the cake will be. This lovely cake is definitely worth the extra effort. It needs to sit in the fridge overnight to chill properly. A real Canadian treasure, it promises not to disappoint.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, light brown
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, good quality (not artificial)
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs, jumbo, fresh
- 1 egg yolk, fresh
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- 2/3 cup pecans, roasted, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream, garnish (optional)
- 1/8 cup ground pecans, garnish (optional)
- 1Vanilla Cookie Crust.
- 2In a small bowl, stir the crushed cookies and melted butter till well combined.
- 3Press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan.
- 4Put aside until needed.
- 5Maple Pecan Filling.
- 6In a large bowl combine, cream cheese, sugar, syrup and cornstarch.
- 7Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- 8Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, mixing well.
- 9Next beat in vanilla extract, add the pecans, stir and pour into prepared 9" springform pan.
- 10Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- 11Lower the temperature to 225 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. (Or until the center of the cake no longer looks wet or shiny).
- 12Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional hour.
- 13Chill the cake, in the fridge, uncovered, overnight.
- 14Serve with whipped cream garnished with a sprinkling of ground pecans.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pecan Cheesecake Eh!
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 277.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g