Sensational Southern Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans (chopped or whole)
- 1 pie shell (frozen, refrigerated or make your own)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all pie filling ingredients except pecans.
- Add pecans and stir.
- Pour mixture into a prepared pie shell. (Do not pre-bake the shell.) The pecans will rise to the top by themselves.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until center barely jiggles when you shake the oven rack.
- Serve warm. If you're really off your diet, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Join The Conversation
I made this pie to bring to Christmas dinner at a friends house. I absolutely love pecan pie, but mine always came out stiff (tasty, but stiff). This pie was unbelievably great. It was so creamy and tasty, I couldn't get enough of it. Now I'm baking another one to have at my New Years Eve party. Thank you for this fantastic recipe. I have joined food.com just so I can save the recipe in "my online cookbook". I had to search for a long time to find it again, since I couldn't find the one I printed for the first one.
When you want REAL, southern, pecan pie, this is the only receipe I found. Do no substitutions, follow "Deep South's" directions to a T. When it is done, shoo the people out of the kitchen (just smelling it bake and carrying on about when will it be done)so that it can cool a bit. If you are out of vanilla ice cream, let them know somebody's got to go get it. (They will all volunteer.) By the time they bring the ice cream, it will be cool enough to eat. Make sure you get a piece. You'll think you have died and gone to heaven. Yes, you will. My humble gratitude and sincerity, to "Deep South" for the best pecan pie.....ever. Thanks. Angelcook