the best southern pecan pie
photo by JustInTime
- Ready In:
- 2 regular pie crusts (not the deep dish type - shallow)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- enough pecans, for top garnish (can do chopped or whole)
- While your oven is pre-heating to 350F, start melting the margarine over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Once margarine is melted, remove saucepan from heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Beat and then add the eggs and the rest of ingredients to the saucepan-- stir well.
- Pour evenly into the 2 pie shells.
- Lightly sprinkle (or place if whole ones) pecans on top.
- Once oven is pre-heated, bake on cookie sheet@ 350F for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!