1/1 Photo of Maple Pancake Syrup (Low-Carb)
Attention Atkins fans and diabetics! Tired of paying top-dollar for small bottles of low-carb, sugar-free, pancake syrups that don't really taste very good anyway? Here's a syrup my DH really likes! Thicken more if you like! Prefer an orange syrup? Feel free to substitute other extracts for the maple and vanilla extract!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water.
- 2Stir to dissolve cornstarch and make a slurry.
- 3In saucepan over medium-high heat, add all remaining ingredients.
- 4Bring to boil.
- 5Stirring constantly with a whisk, add the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil.
- 6Boil 30 seconds.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 9Bottle and refrigerate.
- 10NOTE: If you like your syrup thicker, increase cornstarch to 5-6 teaspoons.
- 11Remember that it thickens more as it cools, so don't over-thicken.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Pancake Syrup (Low-Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: