Attention Atkins fans and diabetics! Tired of paying top-dollar for small bottles of low-carb, sugar-free, pancake syrups that don't really taste very good anyway? Here's a syrup my DH really likes! Thicken more if you like! Prefer an orange syrup? Feel free to substitute other extracts for the maple and vanilla extract!
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch and make a slurry.
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Stirring constantly with a whisk, add the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil.
- Boil 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Bottle and refrigerate.
- NOTE: If you like your syrup thicker, increase cornstarch to 5-6 teaspoons.
- Remember that it thickens more as it cools, so don't over-thicken.