Perfect Low Carb Sugar Free (Truvia) Vanilla Ice Cream
I love ice cream, especially home made, and I wanted one i could still eat on low carb. So I made this one. I was afraid it wouldnt turn out but it was Perfect!!! So good. Its very sweet. I used 5 tblsp and thought it was soo good but if you dont like your ice cream real sweet then you may but down on the truvia just a tad.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons truvia artificial sweetener (about 20 packets)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs with a mixer or by hand until frothy.
- Add truvia a little at a time until mixture becomes thicker.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well (not TOO much, the cream will start to form a frothy top layer).
- Process per your ice cream makers instructions, as you would with any home made ice cream. Delish!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This stuff is amazing. I had recently received an ice cream maker as a gift and was super excited to get to use it. I made the recipe as if it was a standard ice cream (combine ingredients and heat to 160 degrees, then strain and cool in fridge overnight) and churned it normally. I added keto cookie dough fat bomb dough (flattened, frozen, and sliced into tiny cubes) to the ice cream and then froze it in a loaf pan. I subbed the whole milk for unsweetened almond milk and used erythritol instead of truvia (what I had in my pantry). I'm super tempted to eat this stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
By far the best atkins/keto no sugar ice cream I have made, and its the easiest one at that. I used almond milk and substituted a quarter of the amount with a bourbon pecan sugar free carb free blah blah syrup I bought. Came out soooo good!! I made just half the amount of the recipe and it was perfectly fine.