2 hrs 40 mins
Made without eggs, this is a 200year-old recipe for a delicious rich, moist fruit loaf. The area and the Cumbrian coast was at that time a haunt of smugglers who brought in spices and exotics as well as rum, brandy and tobacco, and cooks made the most of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sieve the dry ingredients and rub in fat.
- 2Add sugar, mixed peel and fruit.
- 3Put bicarb.
- 4soda in a basin and mix smoothly with the milk.
- 5Pour into the dry ingredients.
- 6Finally, add the syrup and mix thoroughly.
- 7Put into 2 greased 2lb loaf tins or a 4lb loaf tin.
- 8Bake in a moderate oven (170 F degrees, Gas mark 3 1/2).
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manx Bunloaf (Isle of Man)
Serving Size: 1 (2620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7882.7
- Calories from Fat 2197
- Total Fat 244.1 g
- Saturated Fat 149.9 g
- Cholesterol 629.0 mg
- Sodium 4765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1374.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 76.0 g
- Sugars 679.5 g
- Protein 116.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: