Recipe by IceDown
This is a big, hearty meatloaf the stays juicy and doesn't dry out while cooking. I found the recipe in a cookbook and added some of my own little favorites
Top Review by bullwinkle
I didn't know whether I should put a star rating or not. For the the meatloaf being mosit and holding it's shape when sliced I would give it 5 stars but it was to spicy hot for us. Someone who llikes real spicy hot food will love this. Made as written. Thanls IceDown. Bulllwinkle
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic until translucent. Drain.
- Combine the onion, bell pepper and garlic with all other ingredients except for the bacon in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium casserole dish, form the mix into a loaf about 8-10" long and 4-6" wide.
- Cut bacon slices in half and place over loaf forming a covering over the entire loaf.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1hr 30 minutes. Serve hot!