Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wake up your taste buds with this easy and pretty Spanish appetizer. I found the recipe on latina.com and posted for ZWT. I love the simplicity and the lovely presentation. Tastes great too!
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 mangoes, small to medium size peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 -10 very thin slices serrano ham
- 1⁄2 lb piece manchego cheese, curled with a vegetable peeler
- Combine salt, paprika and pepper, mix well and sprinkle lightly on mango wedges.
- Wrap a slice of the Serrano Ham (can use Prosciutto) around each wedge.
- Arrange wedges on a platter or on individual plates and garnish with shavings of Manchego cheese.
- Number of serving dependent on how large your mangoes are and how many wedges you choose to make.
This is a fun little dish, with a very nice and colorful presentation. Very nice combo of sweet and salty. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
We had these for our lunch, what a nice change from a sandwich. The paprika adds an extra punch to the mango. Made for ZWT8.
Awwwwah, a recipe where mango grows up and leaves the nest. So sweet. Made for ZWT#8~Spain.