Recipe by Judith N.
From the Florida Keys to our local newspaper a couple years back. The recipe was submitted by Chef Cox of the Old Calypso House.
Top Review by cortney.donovan
This recipe is AWESOME!! I tried it once and within the next week I had requests to make 4 more! The recipe is easy, fast and the keylime and mango flavors are perfectly balanced. Thanks for posting this recipe- its been added to my favorites!
For the Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
For the Filling
- 1⁄3 cup mango, pureed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 up key lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup mango, diced
- 3 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Make crust: in large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix well. Press mix into a 10-inch pie pan, sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Make filling: in a food processor (or blender) process mango until pureed. Add egg yolks, lime juice and the two cans of milk. Mix, combining well. Fold in the diced mango using a rubber spatula to keep the mango intact.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and cool pie completely. Keep refrigerated until shortly before serving. Top with fresh whipped cream.