From the Florida Keys to our local newspaper a couple years back. The recipe was submitted by Chef Cox of the Old Calypso House.
For the Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
For the Filling
- 1⁄3 cup mango, pureed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 up key lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup mango, diced
- 3 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Make crust: in large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix well. Press mix into a 10-inch pie pan, sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Make filling: in a food processor (or blender) process mango until pureed. Add egg yolks, lime juice and the two cans of milk. Mix, combining well. Fold in the diced mango using a rubber spatula to keep the mango intact.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and cool pie completely. Keep refrigerated until shortly before serving. Top with fresh whipped cream.
This recipe is AWESOME!! I tried it once and within the next week I had requests to make 4 more! The recipe is easy, fast and the keylime and mango flavors are perfectly balanced. Thanks for posting this recipe- its been added to my favorites!