Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
i sometimes double the sauce ingriedients and serve with orzo pasta.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 24 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 -2 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- melt butter and saute onions till soft.
- add mushrooms, and remaining ingriedients.
- bring to a low simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- serve with steaks or chicken.
We made this the other night to go with some grilled steaks and potatoes. The flavors from this sauce and mushrooms really complimented our steaks with out taking away from the flavors from the steaks. I have been sauting mushrooms from years just adding a little soy, garlic etc but this is what I have been looking for. Really great flavor. Thanks!
My husband and I are so thrilled with this recipe. The flavor was wonderful. I was a little heavy handed with the Worcestershire sauce but we really like it. Made this to go with grilled steaks. Perfect. Thanks for sharing this one.
These are great.Loved the flavours,the sherry just gives it a touch of sweetness. Magic!