Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
From Cooking Light. Another pre-wedding winner! :)
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was delicious and relatively easy, given all the ingredients. The dressing is really creamy and tasty and blends together beautifully. Even though I am not a bacon fan, I enjoyed this very much and made a container to take to work for lunch for the week. I think this would be equally tasty with cubed ham, hard-boiled egg, turkey, etc. Thanks for posting this keeper. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 2⁄3 cup fresh green peas
- 2⁄3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 slices bacon, fat removed, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Cover and chill.
- To prepare salad, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Combine pea/ pasta mixture, bell pepper, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss pasta mixture with half of dressing. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Toss salad with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon; serve immediately.