From Cooking Light. Another pre-wedding winner! :)
Make and share this Macaroni Salad With Bacon, Peas, and Creamy Dijon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 2⁄3 cup fresh green peas
- 2⁄3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 slices bacon, fat removed, cooked and crumbled
- To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Cover and chill.
- To prepare salad, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Combine pea/ pasta mixture, bell pepper, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Toss pasta mixture with half of dressing. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Toss salad with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon; serve immediately.
This was delicious and relatively easy, given all the ingredients. The dressing is really creamy and tasty and blends together beautifully. Even though I am not a bacon fan, I enjoyed this very much and made a container to take to work for lunch for the week. I think this would be equally tasty with cubed ham, hard-boiled egg, turkey, etc. Thanks for posting this keeper. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
Fantastic. :) This is so smooth and creamy with wonderful flavour. I did add extra sweet peppers (yellow and orange), as I had some in the fridge, and used medium shell pasta. Ooops!...forgot the bacon. SarahBeth, I think I've just found my new favourite. Without a doubt...this will be made over and over again. ;) Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.