Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe of my mother in laws that she would serve at family gatherings. Good for hot days or anytime!
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) packagerainbow rotini pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 -2 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 jar pimiento, chopped
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- vinegar, to soak kidney beans (I prefer apple)
- Drain beans and place in a small bowl.
- Cover with vinegar and let sit 1 hr.
- Cook and drain Rotini according to pkg directions.
- In a large bowl combine next 8 ingredients.
- Combine Salad dressing, half and half, sugar, and mustard.
- Mix well and pour over all.
- Chill and serve.
This caught my eye cause of the beans (I love Beans),I had to make it and I am glad I did!! Very good and I can't wait to make it again!! Thank You.
Hi Sandy One, I made this salad and the family really liked it. I liked the beans with the hint of vinegar. I am sure I will need to make it again. :)