Recipe by Brenda.
From Australia The Beautiful Cookbook by Elise Pascoe.
Top Review by Rita~
This is so light and airy full of flavor that it really doesn`t need the sauce but don`t skip it because it is good. I made it in a 10 springform pan. This can easily serve 10-12 people so the fat on it really isn`t so bad.
- 1 1⁄3 cups macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 large eggs (separated)
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream (whipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Butter a 10" round cake pan.
- In food processor combine nuts, flour and baking powder. Pulse to chop nuts finely.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Fold in nut mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden.
- CARAMEL SAUCE.
- In saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and half and half and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer gently without stirring until caramelized.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle over cake and top with whipped cream.