Diane's Fresh Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze
Diane wanted the taste of carmel apples so she added the glaze to a recipe that she had made before. This is a great tasting, moist cake. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. The recipe comes from Diane Nemitz & Hometown recipes. Note: Nut lovers can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the cake batter.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture (for dusting cake pan)
- 4 apples, chopped small
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a bundt pan or tube pan and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Mix apples, eggs and oil with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for at least 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate.
- To prepare Glaze; combine butter, brown sugar and milk in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon over cake, allow to cool before serving, ENJOY.