Applesauce Cake With Caramel Sauce
This is so tasty - it is made in the slow cooker so start this when dinner is getting started and it should be ready shortly after ... I got this recipe from Family Circle.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- bottled caramel sauce, whipped topping and pecans (optional)
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 long sheet of nonstick foil in bottom of slow cooker bowl, with ends hanging over handles.
- Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar on high speed for 1 minute. Beat in egg. Scrape down sides of bowl and, on low speed, beat in buttermilk (mixture will look curdled). Beat in applesauce. Add flour mixture to bowl and beat on low speed until combined.
- Spread batter into slow cooker. Place a clean dish towel over slow cooker then put cover on top. Cook on HIGH for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Use foil handles to lift cake out of slow cooker. Cut into slices. Garnish with caramel sauce, whipped topping and pecans, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is my son's favorite! It is so quick and easy. Just beware; the recipe doesn't specify a crock-pot SIZE. I tried in my oval one first and it burned around the edges way before the time was up. I think the normal, old-fashioned, ROUND crockpot is what it was meant for. I am trying it in one of those tonight.Reply