Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
Low fat, not low taste!!! This is one marvellously creamy rhubarb pie with a crunchy crumb topping. Modified from Taste of Home
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
This was a very yummy pie! I used recipe#45268 to make the crust. I didn't have 4 cups of rhubarb, so I used a combination of wild blueberries and fresh strawberries to make up the difference - then I lowered the sugar a bit. The orange zest was a nice addition to the topping. Made for ZWT4.
- 9 inch unbaked pastry shells
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream
- 1 egg
- 946.36 ml fresh rhubarb, chopped (or frozen, chopped)
- 118.29 ml quick oats
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml flour
- 2.46 ml grated oranges or 2.46 ml lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat in sour cream and egg.
- Gently fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- For the topping, combine oats, brown sugar, margarine, and flour; cut in the margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool pie on a rack, serve warm** or cool.
- **NOTE slicing this pie fresh out of the oven while still warm will be a little more difficult as the sour cream is still soft; if you want a nice slice that holds together, refrigerate the pie till cool then slice and heat a bit in the microwave if you would like it served warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.