Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice low-fat alternative to normal stroganoff, and even lighter than recipe 201828. I would start cooking the noodles right away, as the ones I use (catelli) take forever to get to the softness i like. Freezes great for lunches at work later!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- whole wheat egg noodles
- Start cooking your noodles.
- Microwave corn 1/2 the amount of time according to packaging.
- Meanwhile, spray pan with very little oil, then cook onions and mushrooms until they start to soften.
- Add turkey, and cook thoroughly.
- Add corn, soup, milk, garlic salt, pepper, and stir.
- Bring to boil, then cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring 1/2 way through.
- Remove lid, raise heat slightly, and let simmer for 5 more minutes. (stirring a fair bit).
- reduce heat to low, add sour cream and stir till fully mixed inches.
- serve over noodles.