Top Review by Laughing in the Kitchen
This soup is pretty good! I have to admit I tinkered with the recipe a little, and used canned beans. I think that may have reduced the flavorfulness of the soup overall, but I was in a hurry. That said, this soup comes together pretty easily and is pretty tasty. It's a little bland for my taste, which is why I didn't give it a full 5 stars. Still a really nice treat on a day with 2 degree weather!!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth, or vegetable
- 1 leek, cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1 cup dried white bean
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 ounce gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, celery and carrot in 2 tablespoons broth for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining broth, leek and beans. Heat to boiling.
- Boil 2 minutes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. (Add more broth during cooking if liquid does not cover beans.)
- Stir milk into soup.
- Place 1 cup of the soup in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until uniform consistency.
- Stir blended mixture into remaining soup mixture. Stir in cheese until melted.