This recipe was adopted with love in February 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk (or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, beaten (or egg replacement)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Cream margarine and sugar together until fluffy.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the margarine/sugar mixture.
- 3Add 1/4 cup milk to mixture, beat well, repeat twice.
- 4Beat in the vanilla.
- 5Fold in the egg whites.
- 6Pour mixture into a greased 8"x8" baking pan.
- 7Combine topping (last four) ingredients and sprinkle over the top.
- 8Bake at 375° about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 245.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g