Low-Fat Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups reduced fat buttermilk baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare streusel topping by combining first 2 ingredients in a bowl until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and stir until blended.
- Spread in a greased 9 inch round pan.
- Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake 18-23 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome, yummy & easy to make coffee cake without the guilt of high fat & sugar. Made it as it stated with 2 minor changes. Used veg. oil instead of butter & added 1 tsp. of vanilla extract to the batter. It took a short time to put together & bake. This is a keeper in my recipe file. Thank you for sharing your love of baking with us all.
This is such and easy recipe. I found it a long time ago on the Reduced Fat Bisquick box and cut it out. I tried it about three weeks ago. I've made it several times since then. I took some to my mother-in-law and it was an instant hit. She asked the other day when I was making it again. I made it this morning and took some to her. I have subsituted the butter or margerine for apple sauce. You don't notice a difference. It's quick and it's a wonderful for breakfast or dessert. Enjoy you won't be disappointed.