Recipe by Graybert
I am now actually "watching" my diet, and in the process am trying to make my favorites in a "low fat" manner. I took my favorite muffin recipes and combined them, made some adjustments and came up with this great recipe. Hope you enjoy them!
Top Review by Bluenoser75
Loved this recipe! After reading the other reviews, I added a bit of pure vanilla, a dash of cinnamon and I used splenda in place of sugar (reduced to 1/4 cup), increased the apple sauce to 1/2 cup, used all whole wheat flour and I sprayed the muffin liners with cooking spray before filling them. Will make this recipe again and again! Wonderful way to use up those bananas in my freezer!!
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour (you can use whole wheat for a change if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (instant is fine)
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to mashed bananas and mix.
- Add beaten egg and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Mix in applesauce.
- Add chocolate chips and Stir.
- Spoon into medium size muffin tin (I use paper muffin cups so they won't stick) and fill 3/4's full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.