Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
Questions & Replies
These muffins were delicious! VERY MOIST!! I took the other reviewers advice and added the applesauce and oatmeal - it was wonderful! I also increased the chocolate chips to 1/2 cup - I'm a chocoholic! I will definately make these again. I also found that it only took 25 minutes to cook in my oven. Thanks for posting
These were fantastic!! Easy, fluffy, moist, and very tasty! I added only 1/4 cup each of sugar, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. I added 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and an extra 1/2 tsp of baking soda so they were lighter. Made 12 beautiful, fragrant muffins. My family agreed that these were the best banana muffins we've ever had -- and we've been using family recipes for years. Thank you for the wonderful and healthy recipe!
This recipe was the BOMB! I just happened acrossed it and thought I'd give it a try for it's simplicity. Most of the stuff I attempt comes from a mix, so this was definately something new. It turned out fantastic! I added the chips into each individual muffin cup at half-full, then added more on top when filled. Half a dozen with chopped walnuts on top, half just the chips. They were done in only 20 min. Totally fantastic! Thanks again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a single gal, living on my own; currently working as an Occupational Therapist & living in Cumberland, MD. (It is "God's Country" out here...beautiful!) I LOVE to cook and bake, and love anything that looks, tastes, smells, or even closely resembles a veggie. I LOVE moo-cows, and therefore, cannot bring myself to eat any part of the adorable critters (i.e. NO RED MEAT!!) I love the outdoors, and pride myself on being the master griller on the fire pit. My mother's side of the family is 100% Polish, so I have an inborn passion for cooking...unfortunately, along with that comes a love of eating, too!! But, hey..u only live once, so I say "EAT, DRINK, and BE MERRY!!!"