Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 min
Make and share this Low Calorie Turkey Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄3 cup rice, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop cabbage and place in greased baking dish.
- Brown meat and onion; stir in rice.
- Pour on top of cabbage.
- Mix soup and water.
- Pour over entire casserole.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add more water if casserole gets too dry.
Delicious! I added some minced garlic to the turkey while browning and used chunky tomato sauce instead of soup. Easy and a great meal for winter! Next time I think I'll up the rice to at least 1/2 cup. I used 1.5 lbs of coleslaw mix for the cabbage. Yum!
Pretty tasty - and really lo cal! Sort of a deconstructed stuffed cabbage. I think the turkey needs some seasoning (garlic & onion powder) and I did add a can of tomato paste (Italian seasoning - the only one on hand) w/ a can of water to boost the tomato saucy-ness, but not a huge calorie hit. Very tasty. Even my hubby liked it!!
This was really good. I used a bag of broccoli/Cabbage/Carrot slaw mix,instead of the cabbage. Added Garlic and green pepper to my turkey while browning.
It was easy to make!