Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Bloody Marys but the juices are so high in sodium. I've made this with fresh tomatoes (you don't have to) and using lovage lowers blood pressure and makes a great salt substitute. Worcestershire sauce is good in these but high sodium so go to taste. Lovage has celery flavors. For Ray I added Shrimp Vegetarians omit it!
- 1⁄3 cup very well chilled vodka, pepper flavored is good
- 10 ounces tomato juice, low sodium fresh made even better
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 lovage, stems for straws
- lovage, leaves (garnish)
- lemon lime (to garnish)
- 2 extra large shrimp, cooked well seasoned (optional)
- Divide all into two tall glasses filled with ice.
- Place in lovage straws.
- Garnish with shrimp.
- Garnish with lemon and leaves.