3 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Cut deep slits in top of roast and insert garlic slices.
- 3Salt and pepper the meat well.
- 4Lay a few fat slices under the roast, put it in preheated oven, and roast 20 minutes or so until the fat browns.
- 5Turn the heat down to 300-325 degrees and roast about 2 1/2 hours.
- 6When done, remove roast and the fat cracklings to a hot pan or platter.
- 7Gravy: Retain 2-3 tablespoons of fat in the roasting pan with the drippings and in it saute the finely chopped onions and celery.
- 8Stir in the flour and herbs.
- 9Stir on a low flame until thickens, stir in the herbs.
- 10Add Worcestershire sauce.
Nutritional Facts for Longhunter's Bear Roast
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 621.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: