In Peru, Huancaina sauce (sauce from Huancayo) is most often served over cold or room-temperature potatoes. However it is sometimes used in other ways; this is one of them. You can substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried ground chilies for the fresh. Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 egg yolks, hard-boiled
- 2 fresh chili peppers, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 steaks, 4-6 ounces each
- 12 ripe olives (for garnish) (optional)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered (for garnish) (optional)
- 1Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- 2Add egg yolks, chili peppers, and salt.
- 3Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- 4Add olive oil slowly, drop by drop, beating constantly.
- 5Add cream, lemon juice and onions, and mix well.
- 6Place mixture in a small saucepan and heat gently over low heat.
- 7Meanwhile, broil or grill the steaks to the desired degree of doneness.
- 8Serve sauce over steaks, garnished with olives and egg quarters.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lomo a La Huancaina (Steak With Cream Cheese Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.0
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 251.2 mg
- Sodium 528.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g