- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 8 ounces cubed, cooked lobsters
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- snipped fresh chives (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add the milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 more minute.
- Stir about half the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks.
- Return all to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in lobster, dry sherry, white or black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- Heat through.
- Serve over English muffin halves.
- If desired, garnish with snipped chives.
Very easy to make. I used loganstinos instead of full lobsters. I am planning on using this recipe again. Also, I used full whipping cream and more pepper. Can't tell you about leftovers, there weren't any leftover.
YUM!! My favotite,--lobster, in a wonderful creamy sauce. I served this over rice, and had a spinach salad on the side. I'm going to try this recipe using shrimp also, it really is easy to do!
I made as directed and the flavor was very good. My meal preparation timing was a bit off and this had to sit for about 15 minutes after it was finished before everything else was ready. It was a little too thick by then so I needed to add additional milk which worked fine. Will make this again. Thanks mielhollinger!