1/1 Photo of Lobster Newburg
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 8 ounces cubed, cooked lobsters
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper or 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- snipped fresh chives (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- 2Stir in flour and salt.
- 3Add the milk all at once.
- 4Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Cook and stir 1 more minute.
- 6Stir about half the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks.
- 7Return all to saucepan.
- 8Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 9Stir in lobster, dry sherry, white or black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- 10Heat through.
- 11Serve over English muffin halves.
- 12If desired, garnish with snipped chives.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Newburg
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 176.4 mg
- Sodium 565.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.8 g