Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Southern's Living "30 Years of our Best Recipes" cookbook. If you want to serve an elegant dinner for 4 -- this would be a great choice. I did as the recipe suggested and made a tower of rice that was surrounded the lobster chunks and a pool of the rich lobster sauce. To make the rice "tower", pack the hot rice into a measuring cup and unmold it onto each plate.
- 3 (10 ounce) lobster tails, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked rice
- fresh tarragon
- fresh thyme sprig
- Cook lobster tails in boiling water 5 to 6 minutes; drain. s.
- Split tails lengthwise on underside of shell.
- Remove meat and coarsely chop; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add flour, mustard, and paprika, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms, and cook 3 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cream; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add sherry and salt; simmer 10 minute.
- GENTLY stir in lobster meat and cook just until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish if desired.