Try this tender dumpling with sauerkraut or buttered noodles. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer liver in water for a few minutes before grinding and force meat through a food chopper.
- 2Fry onion in butter; add bread crumbs.
- 3Combine liver and eggs; mix well.
- 4Add bread crumb mixture.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Stir in flour (using more than a 1/2 cup if necessary) to make a batter stiff enough to drop from the spoon.
- 7Drop into a kettle of hot broth or soup; cover tightly and cook for 30 minutes.
- 8Shake pan frequently to prevent dumplings from sticking to each other.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liver Dumplings ( Calf, Pork, Beef or Lamb )
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.3
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 1167.0 mg
- Sodium 624.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 89.4 g