- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add alternatively with milk to the first mixture.
- Add berries, taking caution not to crush them.
- Steam in a well-greased 2 quart mold for two hours.
- Serve with sweetened cream flavored with vanilla extract.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was the perfect way for me to use up an extra pint of blackberries that I'd bought. I hadn't made a steamed pudding in years, so I was curious to try this one. As with most steamed breads, the texture is a little chewy and stodgy, but the flavor is nice. I served it with custard to pour over each slice (I think custard makes everything even better!). The one change I would make, if I were doing this again, would be to try layering the batter with the blackberries in the bowl; I thought this pudding could have used a lot more blackberries than I put in. Also, I steamed mine in a 2.5-quart bowl, and it still rose over the top, so make sure you use a large enough bowl!