1/1 Photo of Linzer Torte
1 hr 15 mins
This is based on a Jacques Pepin recipe of the same name. It's an elegant and scrumptious dessert that's simpler to make than it looks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup toasted almond, chopped and ground
- 8 ounces sweet butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces raspberry jam (I prefer Smuckers seedless red raspberry jam)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kirsch liqueur
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Combine the flour, sugar and ground almonds into a pile on a large workspace, then make a well in the middle of the mound.
- 2Add the butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg into the well.
- 3Knead the dry and wet ingredients with your hands until well-blended and the butter is thoroughly incorporated into the mix.
- 4Prepare a springform pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- 5Take roughly 3/4 of the dough and spread it all uniformly across the bottom of the springform pan. It should be at least 1/2 an inch thick, with a slight lip around the edges.
- 6Combine the jam and brandy in a mixing bowl, then spread across the dough in the springform pan. The lip of the dough should still be higher than the jam; if not, use a little of the remaining dough.
- 7Divide the rest of the dough into thin strips, and place them across the top of the dough, forming a lattice from edge to edge.
- 8Bake the torte in a 375-degree oven for 35 minutes, until the jam is bubbling a bit and the dough is starting to turn golden brown.
- 9Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 10Carefully peel down the edges of the parchment paper away from the edges.
- 11Sprinkle the top of the torte with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linzer Torte
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.0
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: