1/2 Photos of Linguini With Creamy Spinach
Kim D.'s Note:
This makes a wonderful meatless main dish or a side dish. I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in August 2006. I've since made this for my family and they loved it; however, I did made one minor change to the recipe. The original recipe did not call for garlic, but I felt it would have been bland without it. --NOTE-- Frozen spinach can be used. Just thaw, rinse and squeeze water from spinach very well before adding to the skillet of butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) fresh spinach, prewashed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 lb dried linguine
- 5 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Remove any tough stems from the fresh spinach.
- 2In large frying pan, melt butter over low heat.
- 3Add green onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add spinach and salt and stir until wilted.
- 5Simmer until liquid evaporates from spinach, about 5 minutes.
- 6In large pot of boiling water, cook linguini according to package directions.
- 7Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- 8Drain linguini and toss with 3/4 cup of pasta water, spinach mixture, cream cheese, parsley, and ground pepper.
- 9If sauce seems too thick, add the rest of the reserved pasta water, otherwise you can throw out the remaining 1/4 cup pasta water.
- 10Salt to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini With Creamy Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.6
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 766.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 18.3 g