Seafood Linguini With White Wine Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- sea salt (Tuscan Seasoned)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Melt a couple tablespoons of the butter into the olive oil and garlic, and add the shrimp.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until wine reduces.
- Add scallops, remaining 1 tbsp of butter and lemon zest.
- Cook sea scallops for another couple minutes until just warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is cooked , drain and add to a large serving bowl.
- Top linguini with the seafood and white wine and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- I like to let the pasta sit for a bit covered in foil to absorb some of the sauce before serving.
Join The Conversation
This recipe is horrible. One should never reduce the wine WHILE the shrimp is cooking. Shrimp cooks fast and unless you want to serve rubbery, over-cooked shrimp with a watery sauce, I suggest you change the recipe to reduce the sauce BEFORE you put the shrimp in. I knew better, but followed your recipe against my better judgement. Never again. If Food.com needs some new writers who aren't total idiots, please drop me a line. Until then, I will never trust one of your recipes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Friend me on Facebook: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/rebekah.reid" title="Rebekah Reid" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Rebekah Reid</a> | <a href="http://www.facebook.com/badges.php" title="Make your own badge!" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Create Your Badge</a><a href="http://www.facebook.com/rebekah.reid" title="Rebekah Reid" target="_TOP"><img src="http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1059979755.389.889814801.png" alt="Rebekah Reid" style="border: 0px;" /></a> Follow me on <a href="http://twitter.com/Becky_R">Twitter!</a> <a href="http://web.me.com/kozmic_blues">My Website!</a> <a href="http://beckystastyplanet.blogspot.com/">Food Blog!</a> <a href="http://gallery.mac.com/kozmic_blues">Photo Gallery!</a> Thanks for visiting my "About Me" page!! I'm Becky and I live in Providence, Rhode Island. I probably enjoy cooking more than almost anything...which is why I adore this site so much!! Nothing makes me more happy than to create a meal for family and friends to share together and ENJOY. <img src=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:mxVQnIIYIrpqKM:http://quakeragitator.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/autism_awareness_logo3.jpg><img src=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:AfhXhWEtLQYbVM:http://www.marriageequalityri.org/photos/shop.a1.jpg><img src=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:iSI4l3JhSOqKPM:http://marriagerights.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/gay-pride-flag-738850.jpg><img src=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:1J1-2O7PWW4c5M:http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mccorkhi/vegan.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/group07kiwi.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group02banana.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group12starfruit.jpg>