Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love stuffed pork chops, and this is a great recipe for those nights you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen... This recipe is easy to make, and has GREAT TASTE! One you don't want to MISS!
- 4 pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix, prepared as directed on pkg., then cooled to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, low-fat is fine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, low sodium is fine
- 2 pinches sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put pork chops in a 9x13" baking pan.
- Make stuffing as directed on pkg. Cool to room temperature.
- Add sour cream and soup. Mix well.
- Add sage and salt and pepper, and mix again.
- Put stuffing on top of pork chops, or slice pork chops horizontally, and put stuffing in the middle of each one, and put in oven.
- Cook at 350, for 1 hr., or until no longer pink in the middle.
Mine came out delicious and not mushy gushy as posted by someone else. There are good cooks and then those that think they know what they are doing! If you follow the recipe they will be just like in the picture! Loved them served up with mashed potatoes, garlic string beans and chunky cinnamon applesauce on the side.
I usually test a recipe before making it for company, but I had a last-minute dinner to prepare with meat I had on hand. My chops were about 3/4" thick, so I opted for the "stuffed" method. Added an apple, diced small, to the stuffing just before taking it off the stove (HIGHLY recommended). Instead of adding the soup/sour cream to the stuffing, I poured it on top of the pork chops about 15 minutes before taking them out of the oven. This kept the stuffing from getting too gooey while getting all the good flavor. All rave reviews -- and these people don't pull punches! Thanks Linda.
Very good pork chops! Great addition of the soup and sour cream to the stuffing - it stayed moist and had great flavor. I had thick pork chops which took about an hour and 15 minutes to cook. This recipe is easy to make and delicious - thanks for sharing it!