Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my moms recipe, i don't really know where she got it but I have always liked it. I find that I can substitute low fat evaporated milk and low-fat cottage cheese and use sugar free Jello and sugar free pineapple to make this fit into my diabetic diet plan better.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Dissolve lime Jello in boiling water add evaporated milk and mix till Jello is completely dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix till blended.
- Pour into a 9-inch square pan and chill till set.
The perfect lime Jello salad! I grew up on a basic cottage cheese/lime Jello salad, but when I recently made it it was not as creamy as I remembered. The evaporated milk (used fat free) was the ingred. that made this recipe stand out. This way the entire Jello is creamy and doesn't just float to the top. Thanks so much Bunlady, for posting a new recipe for a childhood favorite! Roxygirl
This is the recipe my sister used to make years ago. I could never find it. Thanks so much. It's great
It doesn't get any better than this...easy and simple to prepare. This looks so pretty on the table and can be used as a side dish for just about any meal...or you can use it as a desset. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe, Bunlady!!!