Lime Jello Cottage Cheese Salad
photo by andrea.walker3
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 12 -15 large marshmallows or 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Add water if needed to make 1 1/2 cups juice.
- Put juice in saucepan and boil for 1 minute.
- Add marshmallows and melt while stirring.
- Add lime Jello and dissolve completely.
- Let cool until thickens.
- Add crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, nuts and whipped cream and stir.
- Refrigerator 1-2 hours until set.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Cybrarian. I love Alton Brown because he EXPLAINS everything behind what he does in his Good Eats show on the Food Network. It means I remember to do something because he tells me WHY. And Alton has unforgettable and humorous visuals. (Love the little Dutch girl/boy!) And I've picked up things like non-stick pans don't brown like regular heavy pans or *cast iron*. I find Bobby Flay and Emril ANNOYING and the former - yish...what an egotist!</p>