Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you enjoy key lime pie you will go wild for this cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups Crisco cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (or use realime)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- green food coloring
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) boxok lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- Mix the 1 1/2 cups sugar with the 5 eggs, crisco oil,baking powder, lime jello, soda, flour, vanilla, lemon extract, 3/4 cup orange juice.
- Beat with mixer till well blended.
- grease abd flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- bake batter in 350 oven 30 to 40 min till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- while cake is till warm, mix 1/3 cup powderd sugar, 1/3 cup limejuice and prick cake with fork, pour limejuice mixture over cake.
- put in frige.
- When cake is chilled, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbs flour, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/3 pineapple juice, 1 beaten egg and a few drops green food color, in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat till thick.
- mix with 8 oz cool whip and spread on cake.
My 4 year-old caught me off guard by requesting a Lime Cake for Christmas. I found this recipe in time to make it for New Year's Day. We all enjoyed it very very much!
I didn't have time to make the frosting so we simply enjoyed it with a sprinkling of powdered sugar over the lime glaze. The cake was very moist and had a wonderful tart lime flavor. A very pretty color of green as well. A new family favorite.
Very good! I did put the lime & sugar mixture over the cake, however I used a cream cheese frosting (with pecans) instead of the glaze. It worked out beautifully! The cake wasn't too tart or too sweet, it was just right!
This cake is very moist.It was just what I was looking for....a lime cake,made from scratch that used lime jello. Even my picky 14 yr old liked it. Thanks angelfan,this one is really good!