1/1 Photo of Lightened up Creamy Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
Using tofu Shirataki noodles and non-fat ingredients, this comes together fast for an elegant dish that is extra light on the waistline but full on flavor! Chopped asparagus would work lovely in place of the peas as well here. Shirataki noodles add only 40 calories to the nutrition count as posted by 'Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles (fettuccine shape)
- 1 -2 tablespoon shallot, diced
- 1 ounce frozen peas
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ounce fat free cream cheese
- 2 ounces nonfat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- 1 pinch dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I like more for my taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- fresh lemon wedge
- 1NOODLE PREP: Rinse tofu noodles under hot water. Drain and cut noodles in half (into manageable pieces.) For best results, prepare noodles ahead of time so they will be more dry. Run them through the microwave and drain a few times, squeezing out excess water, and then set in a bowl wrapped in paper towels in the refrigerator until time for use. Drier noodles make for a much better dish!
- 2Prepare a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add shallot and cook until soft. (Add a few drops of water to help soften if need be.).
- 3Meanwhile, in a small dish put the cream cheese, broth, lemon juice and zest, and dill weed. Set aside.
- 4Add the peas to the shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the tofu Shirataki noodles and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the smoked salmon and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low. Make a small well in the center of the noodles and add the cream cheese mixture. Stir gently until cheese is soft and melted in, and seasonings are mixed. (Heat very gently so the dill doesn't get yucky!).
- 6Spray the top of the dish with more butter flavored spray, and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lightened up Creamy Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 1484.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tofu shirataki noodles