Smoky Salmon Fettuccine
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Prepare your grill, or preheat your broiler for high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the liquid smoke over the salmon.
- Grill or broil the salmon until it is just barely done. (Note- when I use the grill for this, I place the salmon skin side down on a piece of foil so that it doesn't stick to the grill.).
- Remove the salmon for the heat, and set aside to cool slightly.
- When it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin (if needed) and break the fish into bite sized pieces.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, and season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. If you would like to add some heat, add a pinch of chili flakes at this time.
- Cook the onions, stirring frequently, for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms, and continue to cook, until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the alfredo sauce, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved salmon, and gently fold into the sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little of the pasta cooking water to thin it to your liking.
- Taste the sauce, and add salt, pepper, or liquid smoke if necessary.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the sauce, tossing gently, so the salmon doesn't break up further.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!