Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
- Ready In:
- 1 (250 g) packet fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 (100 g) packet sliced smoked salmon
- 4 -5 spring onions (shallots)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup capers (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup cream or 3/4 cup sour cream
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh dill
- Cook the fettucine in the usual way, and drain.
- Finely chop the spring onions, and celery.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion, celery, parsley and capers.
- Cook until the onion is soft and clear.
- Cut the salmon into thin strips.
- Stir in the salmon and cook further for 1 minute.
- Add the dill and cream/sour cream and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, spooned over the fettucine.
Join The Conversation