Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A big chain grocery store use to have a rack of "please take one" recipe cards....this is one of them.
- 750 g fresh white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 6 tablespoons low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 2 litre casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine Parm., breadcrumbs, parsely, thyme, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Place mushrooms in casserole and sprinkle with breadcrumb mix, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until mushrooms are golden about 15-20 min.'s.
- Serve hot -- enjoy!
Delicious and so quick and easy! I think next time I'm going to add a little tofu, spinach and feta cheese. Wonderful recipe... Great as is or as a starting point!
Love the simplicity of this side dish plus the fact that it isn't heavy. Goes very well with a barbecued steak. Have substituted fresh basil (to your taste) for thyme with excellent results.
Healthy, easy and very tasty. Cut in half and made almost as written forgot to buy fresh thyme this morning so made with out the thyme. This could not be easier to make. Love that it is not full of butter, cream or high fat cheeses. Will be making this many more times. Thanks for the post.